Thursday 25 July 2013

My top 5 favorite lipsticks!✿


It proved more difficult than I thought to choose 5 lipsticks within my collection that I favored the most, but I finally settled for these 5 beauties! 
There is a mixture of high end and drug store products and also a variation in finishes, colours and appearance. 



So starting from left to right, my Dior Addict Lipstick in Red carpet is my favourite go-to red lipstick. It's red with hot pink undertones and makes any make up look, fierce! This retails for around £24 and to me, it is most definitely worth it. It applies wonderfully with a creamy texture which dries within about 5 minutes leaving a shiny finish that lasts about 6 hours, but still giving you enough time to adjust and fix it if needs be. I've wore this more commonly while out for dinner or a special event. I've found that when eating and drinking this lipstick remains intact! I recommend this lipstick to anyone!

Next is my Estee Lauder Pure Colour Long Lasting Lipstick in Blushing Creme which is a beautiful dark pink with orange undertones to it. It also has a creamy formulation which feels like silk on my lips. It lasts about 4 hours before I would have to re-apply, which in my books, is pretty good! The colour is so sophisticated and makes me think of women in white suits drinking tea at a country club. Dont ask.

If I ever want to reach for a fun, daring lipstick that adds a pop of colour to any outfit, I reach for Rimmel London Moisture Renew lipstick in Sweetheart Tulips every time. It is highly pigmented so it doesn't take much to cover my lips completely and it also stays on for quite a long time with eating and drinking. It is very creamy and moisturizes my lips while making them look amazing!

My favorite pale pink lipstick will always be Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in Pink Blush. This is my go-to lipstick for a casual, everyday look. It is girly, sophisticated and natural all at the same time! this lipstick however, isnt pigmented as much as the other lipsticks in the rimmel london collection but it is worth an extra coat when you achieve the glossy pink coat. I normally dont even need to use lip gloss with this lipstick as it is so glossy.

My last favorite lipstick is one that I bought in Holland while I was there. It is the Hema Moisurising lipstick in the shade 26. ( I couldnt find it online) It is a beautiful gold shimmery colour that I wouldnt normally go for but I love how it pops in a subtle way and catches the light. It lasts about 5 hours and even then it still remains shimmery. This lipstick was a bargain at only 3 Euro! I love the formulation and I know the next time I am in Holland I will most definitely re-purchase!

So there you have it! My top 5 favorite lipsticks! I hope you enjoyed this post!:)
I would also like to say that I am going to try and post monday, wednesday and saturday now! Please follow me on blog lovin' and comment any other posts you would like to see me do!
Thanks so much,
carly xoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment